can this be from allergy dranage and or eating cake batter?

Ok so my daughter is 5 and a half and has alleries and she is coughing all the time even at night (she has a doctors appointment Monday the 22nd since her other meds isn't working anymore and she has a stuffy or runny nose). Anyway can she get diarreha from that? From the drainage? I eat it and I am fine, but last night I made homemade cheese cake it had raw eggs in it and now she has diarrhea. I was going to still send her to school since I think it is related to those 2 things, plus last time she had diarreha she only went one time that day. What do you think can these two things cause it? No bashing about the batter please I let her lick the bowel since I eat lick the bowel when I eat it. Oh and right now she wont stop coughing I think from the drainage. I am almost about to call the doctor to see if they can't get her in any sooner than the 22nd

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 7:40 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Kids' Health

• My kids are 13, 11, and almost 3 - they all lick the beaters :) I doubt it was from the eggs, I think you're right regarding the drainage. It could also be a little bug, this time of the year it seems like there is always something going around.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:54 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Cake batter can cause a stomach bug. My son had that once. Cake batter is not cooked and raw and sometimes can really cause an upset stomach.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 7:59 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I doubt it was the egg!
    If she is on any antibiotics for the cold the diarrhea could be from that too. My kids always get it when they are on them. If she'll eat yogurt that will help.
    I would try and get her in sooner than the 22nd just to get cked out.
    mom23ks

Answer by mom23ks at 8:03 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I have heard it' not good to eat cake batter,but we do it and haven't had a problem.I could be though.hope she feels better
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 8:03 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Doubt it was the egg. Probably the allergies or meds. DO NOT send her to school with diahrrea without knowing WHY she has it. She could have a virus and spread it to other people.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:26 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Okay this is going to sound really weird, but I swear it's true.
    My best friends son kept getting diarrhea every weekend, which also happened to be when he spent the night @ his friends house. This kept up for a month or so and finally the DR decided to have him scoped because it wouldn't stop.
    Long story short...They found out he was allergic to something he was eating at the friends house every time he went there and the allergy was showing up in his colon as diarrhea, which can happen according to the gastro DR.

I'm telling you this on the off chance that since you said she has allergies could she be allergic to something in the cake batter and it just showed up that way?
    MarianneTv

Answer by MarianneTv at 11:56 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I wouldn't think so. She has allergys, but she hasn't been tested for what yet. We know it is allerys though since noone else gets it and she gets a runny or stuffy nose a lot and the doctor said it sounded like allergies. She normally gets diarehea around this time of year that will last a week ever since she was a baby she has done that. I don't think it would be the batter because I mean ok it had sugar in it and gramcrackers. She has had those before. She has had eggs (although not raw), she has had butter, she has had cream cheese (although not the brick cream cheese, but I would think it was the same as any other cream cheese) and the other thing is vanilla that I have never used, but could be in other things I don't cook. I honestly think it has something to do with rither the raw egg (I mean they tell you really not to eat cake batter) or I think it has something to do with the drainage.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 12:53 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I would think it would be from the the mucus.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 12:03 AM on Nov. 16, 2010