would you be a working mom even if you had the choice to stay at home?

I would. anyone else feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• While the kids were not old enough to be in school I refused to work. But my DH never asked me to work but I made sure he knew it wsn't an option. Now they are in school and I can still stay at home, but no I perfer to work. It's boring around the house with out the kids!
    suelo74

Answer by suelo74 at 8:13 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• My sister was a stay at home for a couple months and hated it. She is a much better mom now that she is back to work. Staying at home is just for everyone. I on the other hand love being a stay at home mom.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 8:16 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Yes. I do feel this way. I stay home with my kids 4 days a week. And they are little.Believe me I am ready for an out after a few days. It's a productive out, becuase I'm providing for my family while I do it, and I need my identity as well. I'm not just a mother. I'm a career woman, and I went to school for it. If you don't work, you don't keep your license with the state.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:16 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• If I had the choice, I would rather stay at home.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 8:19 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• staying home isn't all its cracked up to be after a few years of doing it. After the kids are in school its alot of down time.

If you can afford to do it, go for it. If you know you'll have no trouble finding things to do or will be able to jump back into the workforce, go for it.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:20 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• yes. i need an identity outside of mom, and a paycheck with my name and a reason to get up and get dressed in the morning.
    but if i had the choice, i would stay home for the first year of my childs life.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:21 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Yeah, I would not be a good SAHM. While he is in school I would get bored. I like having a job and an identity outside of mom.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:24 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Nope. I'd come right on home. :)
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:24 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I have to work or else I start to go a little nuts.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 8:26 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• being home 24/7 is boring. Its ok that first month or so, then...OMG get me outta here! lol
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:28 AM on Nov. 15, 2010