Did you learn to type when you were in school?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 8:37 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes with the old fashioned type writers. Graduated high school in 1987. But worked in clerical field for 10 years and that's what really made me type. I'm on computer every day too. I can type while talking to someone and it's amazing how the fingers know where to go while I'm concentrating talking.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 9:13 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Yes, I did. When we were in high school, there were two courses available in typing--one was for beginners and the other was more advanced.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:38 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• yes, i did. i took 2 yrs of typing and 1 yr of computers in high school.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 8:39 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I took a typing class in high school, it was the only one offered or I might have taken more.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:46 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Yes I took it in High School also. But I was also taught typing in 5th grade my teacher taught us to type without looking at our hands and to this day I do not have to look at my hands and I know when I make a mistake without looking.
    dlshaner

Answer by dlshaner at 8:47 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Yes, I took a keyboarding class my senior year because I needed something else for the year. I also took a couple of years of business and computer tech so we did typing there too.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:52 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• yep, we started computer class with a typing program in i think it was 1st grade. i also took a typing class in high school and i really enjoyed it, but i also like to type
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 8:54 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Keyboarding and computers were both mandatory at my HS. I could type so fast they wanted me to go to a typing competition. I had never heard of such a thing and wasn't about to go. LOL
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 9:09 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I took one my freshman year in HS, a business class my sophomore year and my senior year I was dual enrolled for medical assisting and we learned to do transcribing. My typing has gotten so much better over the years though.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:09 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Yup, I took several classes, one was my fav! We got to listen to country music!! :0)
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 9:12 AM on Nov. 15, 2010