Insomnia?

Do you have it? What are some things you use to help you get to sleep? Something besides sleeping pills, those never work quite right for me.

kmath

Asked by kmath at 8:39 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Health

• I suffer from it from time to time. If you don't want to take anything, the best plan is to just get up and go to a different room and read. It makes the hours pass more quickly, you don't wear yourself out tossing and turning, and your time is used for something profitable. The bonus is that you will often become sleepy enough to fall asleep.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:42 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I had that problem,I started working out every morning,and make myself stay up all day,then I am able to sleep.Sleeping pills didn't work right.I hope this helps good luck,I know how hard it can be not to sleep.
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 9:59 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• When I have a hard time sleeping, I read a book or meditate.
    cesarpup

Answer by cesarpup at 11:27 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Lol, yeah the worst part is the tossing and turning or watching the minutes go by on the clock. I have tried reading but I get so into books that I finish them before going to bed. Watching TV helps sometimes, other than that I haven't found anything that really helps. All the sleeping pills I have tried either really knock me out and then I feel like crap the next day or make me sick to my stomach.
    kmath

Comment by kmath (original poster) at 8:45 AM on Nov. 15, 2010