Help ... please!

First off, I just want to ask that if you have something rude to say ... please don't. This is something serious to me, and I really don't want to deal with it.

Ok ... my husband is in the Army. Saturday night, one of his really good friends in his unit accidently shot himself while cleaning his weapon. It's been a long time since I've seen my husband cry. He was so heart broken. I didn't know what to say or anything. They just fought together in Iraq, and now this happens. How can I help my husband? He is still "fresh" from Iraq .. only been home a few months. I want to try to help keep him open so he doesn't get depressed or anything. It breaks my heart bc I can't "fix" it. Any suggestions on how to get him to open up so he doesn't bottle it in and get depressed? Thanks!

sgt.youngs.wife

Asked by sgt.youngs.wife at 8:43 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• The best advice i can give, is just be there and be supportive and let him talk when he feels like it.
    houshyzoe

Answer by houshyzoe at 8:45 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Just keep letting him know that you are there for him. I would also suggest some grief counseling. I am sure that the army has a support staff for that. I am sorry for what he is going through and I know that it has to tough for you emotionally to watch him go through it. Hugs.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:46 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Listen to him. Give him time to himself if he needs it, or just a hug. My MIL just passed away, and it was so hard for me to watch my DH go through that. Love him, and let him tell you what he needs. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:47 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Listen to him. Let him know your understanding his feelings and emotions.
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 9:03 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Just let him know you are there for him when he is ready to talk.Good luck sorry for your loss
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 9:55 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Just be there for him, listen and be supportive of his feelings.
    shepri

Answer by shepri at 10:22 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• yeah just be there for him tell that your there to listen when he needs someone to talk to & im sorry that he is going threw this
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 12:33 PM on Nov. 15, 2010