Why Ask

Why ask a question if your only going to thumbs down peoples opinions. People should be a little more opened minded and consider that maybe the opinion makes sense!!!!! But if you've already made up your mind about your topic what's the use of asking for opinions! I'm just saying!!!!!

suelo74

Asked by suelo74 at 8:55 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Why would you assume that it's the OP who is thumbing down questions? Anyone can; some do because they don't agree. (I don't, but I've got to assume that others do.)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:57 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I actually rather like the vote-down feature. The number of thumbs down votes that I get tells me that my words hit a big nerve. That's kinda fun for me! Of course, I don't see the point in them asking a question and then voting down those that they don't like. Some people are just fishing for the answer they want to hear when they ask their question. I enjoy making sure they don't hear it. HEE-HEE!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:16 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• The only time i will thumbs down an answer in one of my questions, is if i find it offensive, or harsh. If someone is openly honest about their opinion & is kind in explaining, i will not vote them down if it's an opposing view. I only vote down if i find an answer to be harsh.

But, that is kind of the glory with the vote down option. We all have such different views. It's interesting to see which answers people agree with or don't agree with. It's bitter sweet that vote down button...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:02 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I was thinking about that this morning too when I noticed I was voted down on a question asking everyone's OPINION. I even said this is my view, but I respect that others have different views, and someone STILL voted me down. Obviously, there's no way to know if it's the OP or just a random person, so I'm not going to assume it was the person asking the question. I can even understand using vote down on political debates more than when someone is sharing their religious views. That's just rude to vote someone down for sharing their opinion, especially if they weren't being hateful or disrespectful of the others' beliefs. I would only vote someone down if they were really mean or rude to someone else on the post or maybe if they were giving unsafe advice. I'm more likely to just vote up the ones I agree with and/or give my own answer than using vote down though. Not really that worried about it, just an observation.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:12 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I don't know if they are actually doing the "thumbs down" though I do think that some people will ask questions in an effort to cause trouble and then go on hating on people who disagree with them. I agree with the above posters and I only "thumbs down" if a person is mean and nasty, not because my opinion is different. I also prefer to "thumbs up" the responses that are great instead of focusing on the negative.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 10:23 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I'm left to wonder why it bothers you so much that someone did not agree with you?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:02 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I don't understand why the asker would vote down answers. It's sounds unproductive.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:58 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• The credit thing is pointless, anyway. Why even stress about it?
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 2:03 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Your right, I apologize to all the OP's I offended.
    suelo74

Comment by suelo74 (original poster) at 9:02 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I don't vote people down just because I don't agree with them.LOL shoot I would be voting a lot of people down then.We are not all going to agree with everybody,that's just the way it is.
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 11:06 AM on Nov. 15, 2010