Is this normal?

I am 37wks pregnant today for the past couple of days my 2yr old son has been attacking me. Biting, scratching, hair pulling my mil had topull him off of me yesterday. Never had this problem before with him. When he attack he atually shakes in rage. Mil says its because he know that the baby will be here soon. Anyone else has or had this problem?

nicjon

Asked by nicjon at 8:57 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He sounds pretty angry, my kids have done this , but only cause they were mad about loosing a toy or not getting what they want.. I hope he comes around for you. GOOD LUCK,,,
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 9:14 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I agree with Kileighsmommie, he does sound angry. Could be jealousy of the new baby and he probably thinks that once the new baby comes that he won't get any attention at all. My oldest daughter didn't act out quite like that, but when we brought my 2nd daughter home she went into her room and wouldn't come out for 2 hours because she thought that we were going to leave the baby at the hospital. The only thing that I can suggest is when the baby comes make sure you give your son attention so he won't feel neglected because the baby is getting more attention than he is.
    Rosalie30

Answer by Rosalie30 at 9:25 AM on Nov. 15, 2010