sooo frustrated!!

so i have just come off bed rest a few weeks ago.. and my doc said that i should have him within the 1st week.. so when my lawyer scheduled a mediation date (my DB ex is trying to get modification of visitation..(and he has nothing to do with her and cares nothing about her) anyway.. they scheduled for exaclty when i told them wasnt possible due to coming off meds.. still on somewhat bed rest and possible delivery.. i had to call to cancel it.. which i was furious about because I dont want to give anyone any reason to believe that the DB should get what he is asking for. anyways I am becoming more stressed about it because the date of when they had it scheduled is approaching and i havent delievered yet. its really wearing me down.

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 9:28 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• You are pregnant and about to have a baby! You should not feel stressed or guilty about this...you have medical reasons for changing the date - that seems like the best possible reason...it's not like you're saying that you are going on vacation and can't make the hearing.
    JJsMoMMy519

Answer by JJsMoMMy519 at 10:23 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Have your attorney reschedule.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:32 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• it will be rescheduled.. as soon as I have the baby. but its wearing me down because I do not want to have rescheduled it for no reason. i dont want it to look like I am trying to decieve the courts. she is my world and he is a pos that wouldnt take care of her and i dont want the fact that we had to reschedule to be something to benefit him
    Ross2010

Comment by Ross2010 (original poster) at 9:44 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• You're having a baby! Your attorney should be on your side. Attorneys cancel mediations all the time. It doesn't mean anything. Just make sure that all communication to the other attorney comes from your attorney, You need to have a discussion with your attorney about the stress he is causing you. And unless it is a binding mediation, it does mean anything.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 1:54 PM on Nov. 15, 2010