What is "main stream" parenting?

MomTo3Little1s

Asked by MomTo3Little1s at 9:31 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• In what context?
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 9:56 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Mainstream usually means belonging to or characteristic of a principal, dominant, or widely accepted group, movement, style, etc.:
    Haven't heard this used in regard to parenting. Give us more details.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:05 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Mainstream parenting usually consists of things like -Formula feeding, no baby wearing, crying it out, vaxing without research, basically kinda just following what everyone else is doing without stopping to consider if its really best. I think we are all guilty of this at some point.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 10:50 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I am a mainstream parent, I use the furbur method for sleep, I formula feed, I am pro-vax , and I send my kids to pulic school. I am a SAHM and base dicipline around basic methods, such as time-out, and ocassional spanking. I insist on cleanliness. Mind you public school for my kids is Army school district...DODEA
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:21 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Whatever the majority of the status quo believes is the BEST way fo parenting, at that point in time... It changes..
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:43 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Auntie... I am afraid you are full of it. Mainstream consists of no extreme in any area... It's going with what has been tested and tried and passed as sucessful.. not that they are not "stopping to consider if it's really best".. what a bunch of crap.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 4:50 PM on Nov. 15, 2010