Does anyone have a child that was conceived using an annonymous sperm donor?

I have a two year old that was conceived using an annonymous donor. She is a wonderful, smart, energetic little girl. She has started asking me about her Daddy. I am not sure how to explain it to her. I always knew the day would come that she would question why she doesn't have a daddy like her friends. I didn't think the day would come so soon. I have always said that I would never hide anything from her. I have so far only told her that she does have a daddy and when she turns 18 than she can get his name and address. I chose a donor that was willing to be known when she turned 18 because I knew she would be curious and have questions. My daughter has 17 other half siblings that we know about and we are in contact with. Does anyone have any ideas on age appropriate books about the subject or anything. I want to answer her questions. Please help.

Photo6555

Asked by Photo6555 at 9:32 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• She is only two, I would just say that you haven't found the "Best Daddy yet but you are still looking"! That's it. Why confuse her now she is not capable of completely understanding yet. How could she understand a sperm doner at two? Wait until she is older like 5 and remember little kids don't have to know all the details. Make it simple & sweet. Maybe by then she will really have a Daddy!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• At this point, just be simple. Lots of kids don't live with their natural daddy. Mom may be divorced or just be single mom, and some have two mommies. There are books, check out the library or bookstore for help with this. If you're in contact with the other siblings, ask their parents how they handle it. Have you googled this?
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:01 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Not sure. Look for books that are age appropriate.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:21 AM on Nov. 15, 2010