How are you saving money these days?

For starters, I'm always running around the house turning off lights. It burns up so much electricity.
I've been turning off the AC and keeping the door open and the windows until it gets late and dark.
I've been making a dinner calendar so when I go shopping I get exactly what I need, with the addition of a few snacks, nothing more.
I've been making tea and crystal light and cutting back on soda/bottle water.
We don't do pointless running around in the truck to burn gas. It's getting so expensive.
We've cut out our cable, $70 bucks a month, and got Netflix on the Wii for $8 a month.
We've compacted our 10x20 storage unit into a 5x10, saving $100 a month now.

What are some things you have done to save money?

AtHomeMommy-3

Asked by AtHomeMommy-3 at 9:32 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• Turning off lights, using cold water for washing clothes, and using coupons. The little things add up, I'm trying to be more aware of how I'm spending money, and where I'm wasting it.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:35 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• As our light bulbs are burning out we are changing them all over to the low energy bulbs. We just got a great deal on our cable by bundling cable, internet and phone all in one.

Answer by missanc at 9:47 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I have a 6 strip light bulbs in the bathroom and only use 2 of them. I really need that much brightness.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:34 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Budget it.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I save coupons and use them at every given opportunity. I also make lists before going shopping so that I can get exactly what I need and nothing extra. The babies wear hand me downs of my elder kids. We’ve seen that saves so much money, so I go out of my way to handle clothes properly.

Source: http://hartfordauto.thehartford.com/Safe-Driving/Your-Life/Planning-For-Today/money-saving-tips.shtml
    ariel.hoyle

Answer by ariel.hoyle at 1:43 AM on Dec. 3, 2010