Can you help me not feel so embarassed.. I didnt know I was pregnant!

No really, I had no idea until last week. I think am 5 months a long. I am still breastfeeding my son and have only had 2 periods since I had him in march 2009. The last one was in June.
So I was having "gas" for a few weeks but last week it was NOT gas, it was a full on, watch my tummy pop up, kick. It has been like that since. I took like 6 tests, all positive immediately
I called and made an appointment for tommorow, but I am getting so nervous, and embarassed. How the heck am I going to explain this to my OB? I've been pregnant before, I have no excuse for not catching it sooner... but it honestly never crossed my mind because between the stress at home and breastfeeding and the fact Ive been excersing my huge butt off I didnt even think twice about not having a period... and I have not had any symptoms and Im fat so, the belly bump was dismissed as part of my fat.
I am so embarassed... help me? Tell me Im not alone

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Don't be embarrassed!! It happens, and I'm sure your OB isn't going to think a thing about it. Hugs to you - and congratulations!!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:36 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Don't beat yourself up. The OB won't either. I'm sure if you knew, you would have done something sooner, but you can't change that! Many women do not know. It does happen! My friend thought she was only 2 mos and found out she was actuualy 27 weeks! She looked a little thick, but nothing else really. I was hanging out with her the whole time and didn't think it!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:37 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• You are definitely not alone. They have a show about women who didn't know they were pregnant and those women usually are in labor before they find out. It's ok. Just be thankful that you know and you can take care of yourself and your baby from now until delivery. And congrats! :)
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 9:44 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I'm pretty sure you won't be the first your doctor has seen that didn't know, and if you are breastfeeding, I'm sure that you are being careful what you eat and drink. Relax and enjoy your pregnancy, .........and just think how fast this one will go by!!!

Congratulations!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:11 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• My cousin didnt know until she was over 5 months as well. And I was with her everyday, and I didnt know either.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 12:36 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Aww your not alone at all . Last year I went to the emergancy room I hurt my back at work or so I thought. I'm lying on the table and the doc comes in and says "congradulations your pregnant " my faced said WTF. I'm like okay this doc is a quack . She told me the pain in my back was the baby and that I'm almost 4 months .
    waitin4u

Answer by waitin4u at 12:51 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I know someone that didn't know until she was 9 months along. As ridiculous as it may seem, it happens.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 5:41 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I also knew some one that didn't know until she was nine month. she couldn't understand why she was gaining weight. Her father told her it was baby fat. boy was he right.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 11:52 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Thanks everyone, the appointment went great. Doc was more concerned with me skipping out on my pap this year (naughty me) than the fact that I am over 5 months pregnant! He says it looks like a healthy baby girl :) Yay!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:43 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Congrats! At least you found out before going into labor. lol!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:53 PM on Nov. 17, 2010