any suggestions

My MIL is very "put her nose in others business" and its driving me crazy!! the other night my hubby went to a Falcons game.. now i was trying to be nice because he has been doing soo much for us (i have been on bed rest for the past 5 months ) and he is such a good man that I was going to take him to the game and pick him up so he could drink and have a good time and not have to worry about driving. I did this for several reasons. 1.he deserved it 2. Bc i know that when he is with his friends and at a football game the "one" more beer wont hurt.. will if he is driving. so we were going to ask his mom to watch our daughter while i went to pick him up (she lives like 3 min away tops) and wanted us to stay there until he got back anyways.. but when we told her that we planned on me picking him up she was like THATS STUPID. I am not getting out at 12??? seriously did we ask you to get out at 12? we havent even asked (CONTINUED)

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 9:34 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• i say just be honest with her that you dont want her in your business & that she dont need to worry about what is going between you & your husband good luck
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• It sounds like she's jealous of your relationship. Simple as that. She is miserable in her marriage and thinks that no one else should be happy. My mom was like that when she and my dad were still together. It's too bad that she doesn't want you and her son's life to be better than hers - that's what parents should want for their kids. Sorry you have to deal with that. I understand completely.
    JJsMoMMy519

Answer by JJsMoMMy519 at 10:20 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Isn't nice to have a place to vent? Now first you need to learn how to ignore all her faults, and not allow her to upset you. You could just look at her and say, " All I needed was an answer, yes or no" So is it yes or no? Ignore all the rest and DO NOT respond to anything she says. Done often enough she will get the idea.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• you to do anything yet.. just told you the plan of me taking and picking him up (literally thats all that made it out of our mouth) so needless to say i wasnt even going to ask her to watch our daughter and i wasnt going to get her out at 12 so he just had to drive.. anyways.. the next night while I am doing her a favor by watching her 15 year old daughter while she goes to a "tea party" when she gets home she starts telling me that she doesnt undertand why we have to do everything together.. why he cant go and have fun without me having to pick him up etc. i said well it was more of the fact that i didnt want to risk him having too many and thinking he can drive and getting a dui. NOT that it is any of YOUR business to understand. but then she cont to say stuff like. you two should be able to do things separately and not have to worry about what the other is doing.. Now this is NONE of her concern but CONTINUED
    Ross2010

Comment by Ross2010 (original poster) at 9:39 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• it irks me to no end. plus this is coming from a woman who lives with her husband but NEVER even talks to him. They live completely separate lives. They do NOTHING together. Hell they dont even sleep on the same FLOOR in their house. she doesnt let him know what she is doing and he doesnt let her know either. hell they go days at a time without even speaking to one another. the only time they talk is when they go to counceling together. i jsut want to tell her not to worry about OUR relationship and its not her place to understand why we do things the way we do.
    Ross2010

Comment by Ross2010 (original poster) at 9:41 AM on Nov. 15, 2010