Did the dems lose because of Nancy Pelosi?

She says noway! AND here's her take on why she was 'taken down'

"The reason they had to take me down is because I've been effective in fighting special interests in Washington, D.C.," Ms. Pelosi said, citing the health insurance and financial services industries. "I'm effective. They had to take me out. I'm also the most significant attractor to support for the Democrats."

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 9:44 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It's official, the Botox has reached the brain. You know I can't decide if she is really that stupid or so power hungry she can't see reality...which would make her that stupid!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:57 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• No.

It's the economy stupid.

Did all the democrats that won win because of her?
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:46 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Nancy doesn't think she's Speaker, she thinks she's Queen.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:50 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• She is right though. She was effective. Just effective in passing things without reading them, and pushing agenda without regard to the consequences or considering whether it was something tax payers were receptive to. She had to be taken out because we need balance of power. It was either her or Reid and it turns out it was easier to get her out because of how many seats were up for grabs. It's sad that she can't even consider that even a percentage of the table turning could be a referendum on how she ran things. Most people don't want their government telling them that they know better than the individual what is best for them. Arrogance can end up being a career killer.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:57 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• No. They lost because people wanted a balance

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:23 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• YSK...

That is soooooooooo funny. I know her plastic suregon (or at least one of many that she see's often) and i was going to say that her botox might be getting to her. LOL!

The plastic suregon is my aunt and a republican so i asked her if she made her face look that way on purpose :)
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 10:30 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• all the democrats that won win because of her?

~ I'm going to go out on a limb and say~ in Nancy's mind they probably did.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:49 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• That is just too damn funny! Omg the temptation!

Comment by tnmomofive

I know, right...Her practice (which is more like a resort) is right outside of D.C. so she has lots and lots of exciting things to tell us during the holidays (and all kinds of freebies that companies send her for promo).

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 11:02 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Nope. The old answer has never changed: "It's the economy, stupid."

Answer by gdiamante at 12:07 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• They lost because they are out of touch with the American people. Pelosi is just mad she won't on TV as much now and probably will have to start flying commercially because she isn't two heartbeats away from the Presidency.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Nov. 15, 2010