in need of a good mop.any suggestions?

kb24

Asked by kb24 at 9:45 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I just bought the Shark, and I love it. It makes my hardwood, granite, and tile floors squeeky clean!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:47 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I loved the Shark while it worked, but 2 months later it died. I use a Libman refillable mop that looks like a Swiffer. Works beautifully, pads are reusable and washable and you get to pick the cleaning solution. Under $20 at the store.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 9:54 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I love my swiffer and the cleaner's smell so good. (my opinion) I love the idea of not pushing durt around and the white sock test has always been perfect in my home. Good Luck.....
    Suzie2mom

Answer by Suzie2mom at 10:15 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• a libman wonder mop then you don't have all that waste like you do with a swiffer you have to buy the pads and the solution hell I bought the mop mop my floors throw it in the washer and put it back on clean and use pinesol or bleach it saves alot of money
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 11:16 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I use a regular ol' mop, but looking into buying the libman one
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 2:32 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I use a microfiber mop :D I have hardwood floors and its works really well if you spray the floow with windsheild washer fluid and wipe with the microfiber mop :D
    butterflymama23

Answer by butterflymama23 at 2:38 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Tried all the above. Bought the swifter, a big hardwood thing with a cover, a H2O machine, a Oreck buffer and wax.and the purple one that sprays cleaner. I was not happy with any of them. I have cherry hardwood floors, 2 dogs and a long haired cat. and after cleaning the floor and waxing the floor, I still had dirty feet. So Now I use a hardwood cleaner, PolyClean, You add a gallon water to a 1/4 cup. Let that dry, then I lightly spray Pledge on the floors and buff. Really nice shine but let it dry for a while before walking on it. I tell my DH as he walks across the wet floor. I still have to do it every week. and that is still a 2 step process.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 2:50 PM on Nov. 15, 2010