hi... my baby is 8 months now... his weight is fine 8.25 kg n height 70 cm... bt he still looks thin and week... and when all my relatives& friends say that he is so thin then i really get worried...n depressed... so please help me...

gaurimt

Asked by gaurimt at 9:46 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What does the doctor say? The easiest way to get people to STFU about your child is to assure them that his/her doctor (you know, the one who actually went through years of school in order to take care of kids and their medical problems) says that everythign is okay.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 9:53 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Thin wouldn't worry me, I don't know what you mean by he looks "weak". If he doesn't look healthy and strong, that's different. My first baby weighed 19 lbs. for his first birthday, he was perfectly healthy. My middle son weighed 19 pounds at about 5 months old, he was perfectly healthy, they both weighed about 150 pounds at 19 years old. (8.25 pounds is just over 18 pounds)

If it isn't weight, people will tell you he isn't walking soon enough, or talking soon enough. Ignore what other people say. Listen to your doctor, and trust your own instinct!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:06 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• The people saying that, are they overweight? This may sound crazy, but some individuals that are overweight are use to either being around others that are or they themselves are use to eating too much and feel the baby isn't eating enough, ...so that may be one answer to your question. The other is, weigh the baby and compare it to what a doctor would say it should weigh at its age. If you feel there is a problem I would take it to the doctor to be sure everything is all right.
    discover

Answer by discover at 10:08 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• What does the doctor say? If the doctor thinks the baby is healthy, then stop worrying. Stop listening to what the family says.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:18 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• If your doctor says its fine, don't worry about it. People are dumb and love to make stupid comments
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 10:35 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I wouldn't worry about it at all.... you baby is about 50% for height and 25% for weight which are both FINE! Some babies are just smaller than others. If you baby is gaining weight and meeting his milestones it's nothing to worry about.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:58 AM on Nov. 15, 2010