How do you?

How do you relax when you dont get any time to yourself?? I dont ever get a moment to myself. As soon as I wake up I am running around cooking cleaning and playing with my little girl. I dont even get to take a shower in peace. so how do you relax when you never get a min alone??

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 9:46 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• lol
    i used to think my sister was nuts for saying she could not even geta shower in
    now i am mom and know exactly what she was talking about
    some days you day dream about when you can go to bed - only time i get to myself- bad when you have those day dreams at 6am, makes for a looooong day

it is the way it is, if you have any help form family great, it you do not, you have to day dream about sleep at 6am, and day dream about time to yourself in a few years

i wish i had the answer like 1-800-free nanny...so you can take a bath and even shave your legs!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:11 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• When my kids were little I would put them to bed by 7pm and have my mommy time after that. Shower, do my self a manny n petty, read, or anything else I might enjoy. Us momm's need our little bit of time to ourselves and I felt and feel by giving myself some tlc I was and am a better mom all around. Good Luck mommy!
    Suzie2mom

Answer by Suzie2mom at 9:50 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I don't know how old your child is, but if she is very young, there is naptime. If she's older, it's time to teach her about having some room time where she learns to play by herself. No child should be entertained all the time, and that's how you make a little time for yourself. You can also put her in a playpen and work on some project that you enjoy. She can be in the room with you, and you can do something you like to do. Moms have to learn to be creative. I raised 3 children without any family or babysitters. Their dad worked very long hours for us and was seldom home except to eat and sleep. Just remember that teaching children to do some things on their own frees you up to do some things you enjoy. It may be a challenge but it is doable.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:51 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I agree, I put my daughter to bed by 730 so I can have a few hours of peace and quiet!
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 9:53 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• children do play on their own, however mne has delays and making huge progress, therapists from birth to three taught ME to engage, engage, engage, and she makes eye contact and does try to communicate with words more every day
    so hard to UN teach me with the engage thing, she demands my attention ALOT, when i am exhausted I do remember that it could be the opposite and she not wanting my attention, some kids with autism do not seek out time with other people, so i remember this, and engage some more, let the house work go by the wayside, and thank my lucky stars that she is wanting to play with me a lot

i can go another day without a shower if it means my daughter needs social interaction and I am it for her that day. also lucky that she is in special ed, four days a week, a couple hours each day, so that is when i get house work done, shower and shave my legs, even put on nail polish if i feel i need some mom time.
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:17 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• It is important to have alone time to regain balance in your life. So just MAKE the time!! Remember If Mommy ain't happy then no body is happy.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 1:40 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I take time for myself after they go to bed. Even if it means they go to bed at 7 instead 8. After that its just me and the dogs and a good book or tv show that i really like,
    stacy197866

Answer by stacy197866 at 10:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2010