Which government is the most effective, local, state or federal?

For you...which one would is the most effective? For me...it's my local government, my city council & county commissioners, and i wish they got more of my tax dollars.

State and federal are a disappointing wash-up for me.

UpSheRises

Asked by UpSheRises at 9:51 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Thats just silly, not everyone can uproot their entire lives and move.

If you research the history of America, you would see this has been going on.... Well... Since before America became America... Example: Many people move to states that do not have a state income tax (Tennessee, Florida, etc) to escape additional income taxes. Especially in retirement years. So, to say it is silly is, imo~ naive..;o)  Same goes for local/state laws dealing with agriculture, manufacturing, etc.... 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:24 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• What is the sound of one hand clapping? they both need to be somewhere in line local government pays me as an employee but federal saved my sons life when he had cancer so for me both.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:56 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Local for me as well, including our local congressman - who I guess should be considered State, but he has helped a lot of people I know locally.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:52 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Our city and state government are great we live in one of the best ran states in the country though.

tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 9:54 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• The local level...hands down.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:55 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Depends on the area. Federal has the potential to handle security/defense better than state/local. But things like education (for example)~ state and local.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:57 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Local and state.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:03 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Local. State is ok until the govenor elect comes in and ruins it. He is already on the verge of causing the state of WI BILLIONS of dollars if Federal stimulus and paying back a company for a train rail that he wants stopped. He will also cause the state to lose hundreds of much needed jobs. Great way to start out as govenor of WI. Losing jobs and costing money. Yeap, he is already breaking his promises of more jobs.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:12 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• local - which is why I am a big fan of a very small federal government, definitely not a priority for the current administration!

Answer by missanc at 10:20 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Local   state gov't in Sf wants to control business with the McDonalds happy meals...and now trying to BAN circumcision....

States want to vote on your marriage spouse choice...

I think they are the same..

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:22 AM on Nov. 15, 2010