What are probiotics?

And where would you buy them? Health food stores, GNC, or would any department store have them? I cannot seem to stay healthy since DD started pre-school and daycare. I saw someone post an answer that mentioned probiotics yesterday and I can't seem to shake the thought that I might want to try them. I'm tired of being sick. Thanks in advance.

crazybeautifulh

Asked by crazybeautifulh at 3:17 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Health

• "Good" bacteria. You could try adding yogurt or keifer to your diet since both are loaded with these kind of bacteria. If you don't care for those, there are many different brands you can try; try GNC, The Vitamin Shoppe, Whole Foods, etc. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• Yes and they aren't all dairy based, a lot of people get confused about that. There are several good plant based ones. They help to encourage the growth of good bacteria in your gut, which can help break down food and ward off illness.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 3:28 PM on Nov. 3, 2008