whats your childs/childrens favorite thing to eat for lunch?

my 4 year old loves to eat a jelly sandwich with chips,or a hot dog and chips......

SMALLfry05

Asked by SMALLfry05 at 9:54 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• We do chicken nuggets with BB-Q sauce in his lunches. His school has the ability to heat up his lunches. We also drain spaghetti-o's but with a twist. I drain some of the pasta sauce and put in some pureed carrots in it. It sweetens the flavor and adds some veggies to the mix. I can do a dollop of spinach but you have to be careful not to change the color drastically.  We also do peanut butter and honey sandwiches and cut out into cool shapes with cookie cutters.  Because we can reheat foods at lunch....we freeze pancakes and waffles.  We make whole what pancakes with sweet potatoes.  A tiny cup on organic honey goes in to dip the cakes into it.  We also do left over pastas in the lunch as well.  Snackish items are things like flavored rice cakes, organic yogurt, and apple sauces.  Granola is also a fun snack favorite.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:21 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Pb and j (lots of j) and usually a bannana on the side.
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 9:55 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• my niece loves mac and cheese
    constance0322

Answer by constance0322 at 9:56 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Pasta! And fruit.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 9:57 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• DS loves chicken nugget lunchables
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 10:00 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Then there is the pizza. Broccoli chopped up with spinach and garlic in the sauce. Carrots and squash also added. We do low fat cheese and make our own. Not our own crust. That we get at the store. We try for wheat when they make it.  Only recently will he do raisins so I like to try raisins mixed with organic cereals and other dried fruit.  My own version of chex mix.  Because my son does not like to eat a lot of variety I try to squeeze it in where I can.  We also do hash browns with tiny, tiny, tiny bits of carrot in it.  Not enough to be able to pick it out.  We try to mix new items with items he is comfortable with.  My child will eat one thing for months and then stop for no reason.  We also do baked beans with the chicken nuggets and BB-Q sauce.  Creative is the name of the game in our house. 

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:27 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• My 9 and 10 year olds love macaroni and cheese - and I love that they are old enough now to make it for themselves! lol My 2 year old loves cheese tortellini - I get the frozen kind and can boil a handful in just a few minutes while I steam some broccoli to go with it. His other go to lunch is a 1/2 peanut butter sandwich with a banana.

Answer by missanc at 10:37 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• PB sandwiches with either strawberry or blueberry jelly.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 9:59 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• my son for some reason only eats the jelly on bread,he stopped eating peanut butter about 6 months ago but i dont know why....
    SMALLfry05

Comment by SMALLfry05 (original poster) at 10:06 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• my son loves mac n cheese....but he has to be in the mood for it....he is very strange when it comes to food.....lol
    SMALLfry05

Comment by SMALLfry05 (original poster) at 10:42 AM on Nov. 15, 2010