sore picking.

My 2 year old wont stop picking a sore that he go a little over a month ago. I have put a bandaid on it for weeks now. As soon as I take the bandaid off for some air, before I know it he has it bleeding again. I though it was all healed and left it open to the air and I would be a monkeys uncle I went in to get him up from his nap and he had dried blood every where. Any suggestions!

hodgkinrus6

Asked by hodgkinrus6 at 9:58 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Where on his body is it?
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 9:59 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• oops sorry it is On his forehead
    hodgkinrus6

Comment by hodgkinrus6 (original poster) at 10:03 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Ignore him picking at it. THis is the advice my son's pediatrician gave me. Or keep a bandaid on it at all times. A headband?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:15 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Can you use some ointment? Bacitracin has zinc which helps the skin to heal faster. Ask the pharmacist to show you where they keep it. Or just use plain vaseline to keep it covered
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 10:02 AM on Nov. 16, 2010