are your kids obsessed with brushing their teeth?

ever since i started doing it for him my son has been obsessed with it! he loves brushing his teeth but the doctor said thats not a good thing because it can eat away at the enamel on his teeth....so ive had to hide his tooth brush and tooth paste from him....

SMALLfry05

Asked by SMALLfry05 at 10:03 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• OMG that and washing his hands... allday long if I cant find him I know hes washing his hand or his teeth... maybe a dentist. lol ;)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:31 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• mine like to eat the paste, have hidden so many times
    still using the non flouride kind

maybe for the brush obessed, use or have aval the baby thing the rubber nubs that fir over an adult finger
    do oyu know what i am talking about, it is rubberish, has little tiny nobs, this COULD be used my child, MAYBE less friction on teeth
    but also kind of going backward on teeth brushing, but a thought, and when obessed no going backward if really into, just a substitute?
    or a doll they can brush the dolls teeth, but i am guesing they want to feel the friction on their own

guess, it is back to hiding the brush and paste
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:31 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• OMG My daughter LOVES to brush her teeth too!! She will point at her brush and say "teeth", and if I giveit to her, she will brush forever! And when I take it away, she throws a fit...
    But I figure, its better that she loves to brush her teeth, instead of hating it. This way, we may be able to avoid rotting teeth and damage.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:30 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Just get your son a rubber tooth brush and let him brush his teeth with that, this way you can encourage the tooth brushing but it wont hurt his teeth, You dont want to discourage him from brushing his teeth but you dont want him to think its ok to do it all the time.
    butterflymama23

Answer by butterflymama23 at 3:24 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Yes my daughter loves to brush her teeth. It felt like every 30 minutes she would be in there brushing her teeth... so i had to hide her toothbrush as well.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 10:18 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• kids are funny little prople.....they do the strangest things....mine loves to use hand sanitizer,but i have to hide that from him because his hands got really dry from using so much in one day.....he loves to keep his hands under the running water.....he loves being in the bath and he fights me when its time to get out.....
    SMALLfry05

Comment by SMALLfry05 (original poster) at 11:37 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• thats what im doing,encouraging him to brush his teeth...i let him brush his teeth 2 times a day...right after breakfast and right before bed.....after he is done brushing them the first time i put it away where he cant find it then i ring it back out before bed and let him brush then it gets put away again.....
    SMALLfry05

Comment by SMALLfry05 (original poster) at 3:27 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• my 2 year old loves to brush his teeth. We brush twice a day.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 11:19 AM on Nov. 16, 2010