Is it best just to stop?

I'm thinking of just stopping all my grooming. I don't mean like showering, brushing my hair or teeth or anything like that. I mean like doing my hair, wearing make up and looking for cute clothes. If you've seen my other posts you know that I've been wanting to look better for my husband. But I realized that nothing works. I got my hair done the other day and nothing. I don't feel I should I have to do my hair, make up and other things to attract a man that doesn't even care. I'm sick of him seeing his celeb hotties on tv and saying "Oh her hair looks amazing like that!" when I BEG him to give me an opinion on mine.. Is it best just to stop? Or am I being a crabby ass brat?

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 3:18 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Just for Fun

• You don't have to do your hair and make up everyday. I used to but stopped. I starighten my hair almost everyday but I do my make up like twice a week. It doesn't seem to make a difference. I get the same amount of attention if I do or don't. Defintly don't just stop but don't do it all the time just to impress him. Material stuff shouldn't be important.
    katyameliasmom

Answer by katyameliasmom at 3:26 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• mine stbx never complimented me either. i just stopped and low and behold, when he left me, the first thing he said was i let myself go.
    kimmy1963

Answer by kimmy1963 at 3:19 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• If it makes YOU feel good dont worry about him. I do my hair and makeup most of the time and my SO just says you look beautiful without makeup. That kinda annoys me, b/c I dont think so. I just do it for me b/c it makes me feel good and when I feel good, everyone in the house is happy. If you dont want to spend the time dont, sometimes you gotta put your feelings first.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 3:24 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Do it for yourself, don't ever do it for him. My hubby gets mad that I don't wear makeup around the house, and I'm like, "hey, I wear makeup when I damn well feel like it" not when he thinks I should. Sometimes I get all dolled up in the morning just because I like to feel like a girl. I do my nails, hair, makeup, etc. Other times, I just chill in my pajamas.

chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 3:24 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• i feel the same way =(
    but oh well, i dont really care anymore =)
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 4:26 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I ALSO DO IT FOR MY OWN SELF WORTH. MY SO ONLY COMMENTS WHEN I LOOK LIKE CRAP UNLESS I BEG FOR HIS OPINION,THEN HE JUST SAYS"OF COURSE I THINK YOU'RE PRETTY" WHOOP DE DO! YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER,YOUR HORMONES ARE REALLY KICKING YOUR ASS RIGHT NOW! EVERYTHING WILL BE JUST FINE! HUGS MAMA!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 10:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2008