does continuous and severe braxton hicks contractions mean labor soon?

im 32 weeks pregnant with my first and i've been having braxton hicks contractions this past month now, a couple of weeks ago i mentioned my pains to my doctor and he examined me and said i was fine and everything was on track, and that i was suppose to be feeling that way. but lately these past few days have been getting pretty bad. i feel my stomach tightening all day and some kicking from the baby at the same time...usually i'd just disregard them but i've also been feeling a bit of cramps as well. however, not so painful and severe but i feel them and they are uncomfrtorable and hurt a tiny bit. im starting to worry because im not due for another 2 months. does this mean im going into labor soon? or is this just how braxton hicks contractions suppose to feel?

joymoon87

Asked by joymoon87 at 10:16 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have been having bad Braxton Hicks for 5 weeks and still no baby. I am even over my due date for the first time. So it could be how you body is reacting this time or you could go soon. Could not tell you how you will react to it.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:26 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Your best bet would to be call you doctor just tomake sure, could be pre-term labor or could be just braxton hicks. If i were you i would talk to my doctor. better to be safe than sorry.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 10:28 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I had a ridiculous amount of braxton hicks. They even had to give me a shot to stop them, which didn't. I spent most of my time thinking I was going to go into labor early and was definately not going to make it to my due date. And every time I got checked my cervix was always closed. It actually kind of gave me false sense of where I was at in my pregnancy. They finally came to the conclusion that it was just what my body did. Everyone is different but in my case it didn't mean anything. Just try and take it easy and rest when you are getting a lot. If ever you are not sure , call the doctor.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 10:28 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Braxton Hicks should not continuous nor should they  be "severe" . You could be looking at preterm labor. If they are continuous then you should look into some form of medication to control them for another few weeks. Terbutaline is a good one. Good luck and if they persist call your OB again.

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:34 AM on Nov. 15, 2010