Has anyone used an IUD or That new Mirena

I wanted to know if you or your husband can feel the IUD, and if we want more kids down the road how easy it is to get pregnant after the IUD is taken out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Health

• I've had the Mirena for about 3 years now. At first my hubby said he could feel it stabbing him a little so we went back to the doctor and the doctor trimmed the string and he's never felt it since. It was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Prior to getting the Mirena I had really horrible periods. Now I barely have one! There's no pills to take each day no going for shots...it's fabulous. I don't even have to think about birth control anymore. I don't plan on having any more kids so I haven't researched how it affects future pregnancies but I do remember my doctor saying something like once it's removed there's no waiting period before you can get pregnant where with pills etc. it can take a while for the hormones to leave your system.
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 5:42 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Neither my husband nor I can feel the IUD (Mirena). However it took me quite awhile to convince him to have sex because he was afraid that he would feel it and/or hurt me.
    Anonymous