Did Your Child Ever Have a Drastic Personality Change His or Her First Year?

My son Jackson was the happiest baby ever for his first 6-7- months and then his personality just changed. He started becoming miserable and grumpy 24/7 and didn't want ANYONE but mama and dada to hold him. I know right now he is in his mama phase where he only wants mama but his personality changed ever sine we moved into my MONSTER-in-laws house. I'm playing with him and doing everything I can with him to try to get his personality back. He's only 11 1/2 months old and he still laughs and plays and everything but he gets soooo grumpy for the majority of the day. I don't know what to do! He is also teething which I know makes a baby very, VERY grumpy...but it's just like his personality is gone. ]: Any suggestions? Please? :/ **No Bashing!**

JacksonsMommyx3

Asked by JacksonsMommyx3 at 10:22 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Entertainment

• Is he getting enough sleep? Is he eating enough? I know that my normally happy toddler is a bear if he hasn't slept enough, or when he's hungry. Aside from that, I do think that kids go through this sort of stage when they start exploring the world on their own (cruising/beginning to walk). They love the independence, but they seem to need extra security at the same time. You cou;d speak to your doctor about this as well, just to set your mind at ease.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:56 AM on Nov. 16, 2010