Personal! too much info***/sorry adult content

Im about 6-8 weeks pregnant and me and dh havent had intercourse since i lost my first one. so last night we went the clitoris way(tmi sorry) ...and right after i got up and immidiatly started spotting which went on for about 4 hrs...and now(5hours after bleeding) im still having the brown residue from old blood....
Should i be worried? PLease help!

Erzy

Asked by Erzy at 10:41 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I agree with the previous posters! I have had several miscarriages, and I know how paranoid and nutty you can get, more than likely everything is okay,,,call you OB and go in to be checked out, I will say a prayer for you! Usually, you would bleed like a period, it is a good sign that the blood looks old,, huggles!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:49 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I would consult your doctor. I hope and pray everything is ok.
    rebock

Answer by rebock at 10:44 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Call your OB/GYN just to make sure everything is ok. Never feel like your over reacting its best to be safe.
    suelo74

Answer by suelo74 at 10:44 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I would contact your dr. Sexual contact, of any kind, can cause some spotting. I would speak with the dr to make sure everything is ok.
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 10:46 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• If it were me I'd go in to the doctor and have it checked out-- just to be sure all is well.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:46 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• It is pretty common, but if I were you I would stop having sex until after the first trimester. Under the right conditions, sex can cause you to miscarry in early pregnancy. Granted it doesn't happen often, but why risk it especially when you've already had a miscarriage.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:18 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• U know i just had the same thing happen to me this weekend but im 15 weeks along! dr said the brown is dry old blood and will come out and as long as im not having cramps to go with it to not worry.... they said if it is more than a big tablespoon full to go to the dr and get checked...
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 1:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I was wondering if everything is okay?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:28 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I have called them to let them know, but they said its common when you have an orgasm etc....that you pop a blood vessel etc.....
    I just wanted to ask, bc i dont think its normal...unless something tends to be wrong :/
    Erzy

Comment by Erzy (original poster) at 10:47 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I wouldn't worry too much. Did he finger you? That may have stimulated your cervix, which can cause some spotting. It's okay to have sex, to orgasm, any of it is fine. As far as bleeding goes, the heavy bleeding with cramping is when to be concerned (and, as you may already know, if a miscarriage is imminent or happening, there's nothing that can stop it).
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I think it's very normal to be so concerned after suffering a major loss like that. I'm glad they reassured it it was okay.
    Give yourself time to heal before this baby comes, and try to enjoy this pregnancy! I hope everything goes more smoothly for you this time!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:03 AM on Nov. 15, 2010