Can you still breastfeed after getting a boob job? & If so will your boobs be ruined after?

I recently asked if my boobs will ever be back to perky and not like deflated balloons after nursing, to my dismay every response said the same thing, NO. I'm considering a boob job but am wondering if I were to get one and then have a baby would I be able to nurse and if I am able to would it totally defeat the purpose, as in afterwards would they be back to tube socks? lol

goldfish09

Asked by goldfish09 at 10:42 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• When you get them enhanced (added to) they are not cutting any of the milk ducts. They are simply adding a pocket to the breast.

Now if you are talking a reconstruction or reduction, depending on where your nipple is, they may have to relocate it which will cut the milk ducts and you will most likely never breast feed again.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:49 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• You would have to talk to the dr about the possibility of breastfeeding, I know of people who have done it, and people who haven't been able to.
    It's not nursing that "ruins" some womens breasts, it's being pregnant. So yes, if you have a boob job and then have another child it will totally defeat the purpose and they may even look worse.

Answer by missanc at 10:55 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I would speak to your dr.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:58 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Like Jademom said, it depends on how the surgery is done. I personally would wait until I'm done having kids, because pregnancy ALWAYS changes your body, and you wouldn't want to have to get them readjusted because pregnancy made your boobs look weird, right? If you can wait, it's probably best. If you decide to proceed, talk to your doctor about breastfeeding with your type of surgery, and ask to see images of breasts post-pregnancy.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:58 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• what jade mom said
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 2:56 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Personally I would wait until after I nursed my kids.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:49 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Thanks ladies!! :)
    goldfish09

Comment by goldfish09 (original poster) at 12:14 AM on Nov. 16, 2010