im a young teen........

how should i break the news to my parents that im preg.???

algrwo

Asked by algrwo at 11:47 PM on Jul. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I was a young teen too when i got pregnant the first time (16). I would just come forward and tell them. Chances are, if they pay attention to you and are perceptive, there is a good chance they may be suspicious already. Mine knew before i told them. Just had a feeling. I know it will be hard but once you get it out ther you will feel so much better i promise. Good luck. If you ever need to chat hit me up. :)
    Addys_Mom

Answer by Addys_Mom at 11:54 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• ofcourse you should and just cuz ur pregnant doesnt mean ur life is over you have many choose u can go to a charter school the american school u can take the chspe tons of stuff
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 11:59 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• to tell you the truth if you have a good relationship with your parents they already know because when i was pregnant i was scared to tell my mom but when i finally told her she said that she had already know because any mother can tell when something is wrong with their children and especially their daughters.
    nisha22

Answer by nisha22 at 12:01 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I would not put it off. I'd just blurt it out quickly but that's just me. They say it's not good to give news that might be upsetting at the dinner table but maybe you could find some quiet time to talk to them both. My son got a girl pregnant and all he had to do was tell me he had something important he wanted to discuss with me and I knew what it was. Your parents might not be thrilled but the dust will settle quickly so get it over with. Did you see the movie Juno? LOL, maybe you could rent it and ask them to watch it with you!

Answer by admckenzie at 3:00 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• My older sister got pregnant at 17. She tried to avoid the situation, but she got really sick and had to go to the emergency room for dehydration.You need to be upfront and honest. You might be surprised as to how much support they will give, once the shock has worn off.
    wilbursdaughter

Answer by wilbursdaughter at 9:56 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Just tell them... they might be disappointed with you at first for being irresponsible, but they will come around & you're going to need their support! Best wishes!
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 12:10 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• definitely tell them asap. they will most likely be disappointed but they would be more if you don't allow them to help and they will see that because they are your parents and that's what parents do. good luck. I went with mom first and she helped with dad.
    brimarie8

Answer by brimarie8 at 12:45 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Let them know you have something important to tell them and talk to them about. Have them alone and with time available. Then, tell them.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 3:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2008