How socially acceptable is it these days to have a mixed race *black and white* baby?

Because I'm having one, I'm not racist at all, but I am not with the father, have no desire to be, and I've never been with any other black man in my life, this was litterally a one night stand that stood a little too well, lol. And I'm just not aware of the social standings of things and was just trying to prepare if need be to have quite a thick skin.

Okay, I'm just scared in general, help!

Cadysmom08

Asked by Cadysmom08 at 3:25 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think it depends on where you live. Here in CA it is very acceptable and we love thos beautiful mix babies. They are the cutest babies I have ever seen. CA in general is multicultural so I love it here. There are many many mix race kids here. No one has a problem with it.
    nora17

Answer by nora17 at 3:29 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Oh, I'm in Lafayette, Indiana.
    Cadysmom08

Answer by Cadysmom08 at 3:33 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• well fuck society, who fucking cares what fuckig race the bby is? if its mixed, who cares what they think, right? it is socialley acceptibale or however da fuk u spell it, but y do u care so much about what ppl thnk?
    tiffany275

Answer by tiffany275 at 3:33 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• who cares what anyone thinks that is your baby. no matter what anyone says. i think it is excepted a lot more these days then it was even 10yr ago. but IMO i think they are the CUTIEST babies and kids ever the color of their skin is just perfect. I dont know like i said MO
    Anonymous

• here is my sister to answer this. My daughter is almost 6 and my husband is white. Yes ppl do look at you funny sometimes but you have to learn to ignore it. When my husband goes places with our daughter ppl look at him funny but when i take her places ppl rarely look at me crazy. Not sure what that might say about ppl. Just remember you are the only person to protect the baby for the crazy ones. I am sure ppl will ask you questions but DON'T be afraid to tell them it is none of thier bussness. As far as needing thick skin yes but you need that in life anyways. I try to buy my daughter a doll in both ethnic backgrounds. That way to her nothing is different or out of the normal. I used to think what does so and so think then after awhile i stop caring and chose to make her more important then what ppl think.
    katyameliasmom

Answer by katyameliasmom at 3:41 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• If you are becoming a mommy, you need to develop a thick skin anyways... Think about it this way, it looks like a *black and white* guy is going to be our president. That says something for the way this country is going! :). Good luck girl!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 3:42 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• To me it's acceptable, and to alot of people it won't be and im sure people will have something to say but who cares don't listen to anything anyone has to say it's your baby. If you love it and don't care about it being mixed than anything that anyone has to say shouldn't mean anything.
    My son is half mexican and have native american and i love him for who he is I know some people have a problem with that but it's their problem it dosen't bother me at all what they think is socially accepatble.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 3:43 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Who cares what other people think? You're going to have a gorgeous baby!!! Some of the old codgers with their heads in the old days might think bad thoughts but screw them!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• All 3 of my children are bi-racial. Their father is African- American and I'm white. And I totally agree that other people's opinions don't matter. All that matters is that your baby is healthy and is taken care of the best way possible with the resources you have because those same people that may judge you or your choices are simply ignorant and probably have really low self esteem issues.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 3:58 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• You sound almost embarassed that you hooked up with this guy and got pregnant...is there some reason you needed to tell everyone that you had never been with a black guy before him, and you have no desire to be with him? It's not as big of a deal to everyone else as it obviously is to you. You have a negative attitude about interracial babies and relationships that shines right through. I would work on that for the sake of your child so they don't suffer for your bad choices and ignorance.
    Anonymous