What would you do if your mom was visiting for a week from out of town?

Mine just arrived here early yesterday afternoon. Our town is so small, that there's nothing "fun" to do. The closest "fun" town is about an hour or so away.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 10:50 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Home & Garden

• If I came to visit you as your mother, I would want to catch up on your life and play with the kids. I wouldn't need to be entertained, though Ambie0526's idea sounds great to me. She just wants time with you and your children. I am 63 and my daughter is 44.and my GDDs are 24 & 22 and away at college. I would love a week with everyone together.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 2:37 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• well go an hour away or rent movies or just catch up or go to the park
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 10:56 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Plan something fun for one day or evening in town an hour away. The rest of the week you could take her out to dinner, sit around and chat, maybe look at scrapbooks or create one. The main focus of a visit is to spend time with one another, not necessarily to fill every waking moment with "fun" stuff to do.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 2:20 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• soak your feet, do each others nails, watch movies, go to town for a day and shop, play cards..
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 2:29 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Make the best of it, try and find the fun in your home. I had my grandmother stay with me for a month and i was about to go crazy by the end of it, but i did everything i could to make things fun and made the time go by quickly
    butterflymama23

Answer by butterflymama23 at 2:35 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Find some things she likes to do, and let her help you with stuff around the house and with the kids. Offer her options (stuff you don't mind doing with her, or could use her help with) and let her pick.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 7:01 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I'm going to have this issue in June....with both my parents.....while my dads talking about vacation, my mom just plans on coming up...someone will be on baby duty so I can get some sleep here and there (I'm due with our second baby in June).
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 11:00 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Forgo to answer..plan a night or a day, whichever, works better and go to the town an hour away. Most parents just want to see their kids and catch up rather than being entertained.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 11:01 PM on Nov. 16, 2010