my daughter didn't eat this morning!

Mornings are busy most of the time, and I got up realy early to make a big breakfast for my two kids. My son got ready before my daughter and he ate his. so I put hers in the microwave. I went to her room and told her to hurry so she could eat, that it was in the microwave. On the way to school she said why did you let my brother have breakfast and not me.. She was Mad! I was in such a rush that I thought she ate. oops! should I be worried or will she be ok? By the way she is 11 yrs old and I did tell her. I feel like a bad mother :(

Be101

Asked by Be101 at 11:01 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• It is her responsibility to go and get the food. You told her it was prepared and it was in the microwave. SHE chose not to go and eat her breakfast, not you. You shouldn't have to sit on her to get her to do things, she's old enough to take care of her things herself. She will have lunch when lunch rolls around at school. She'll be fine. You're not a bad mother in the least bit. You made her breakfast and you informed her where she could find it. It's her job to go and eat it, not yours.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:09 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Um, she wont die of starvation because she forgot breakfast one day. Really. So this must be the first time you forgot anything or made a mistake? It's not? Well nobody is perfect. I wish I had such tiny things to worry about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I think I knew this but just got upset that she got mad at me or thought that i was treating her brother better. And yes she is 11 and if she was hungry she could have fixed herself something.....

Be101

Comment by Be101 (original poster) at 11:37 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Believe me The worries that we all have. In my life this was one of the small ones. Just trying to forget the big ones at the moment!

Be101

Comment by Be101 (original poster) at 11:39 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• She'll be fine after all she is 11 and is capable of getting her own food if she's hungry.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 11:53 AM on Nov. 15, 2010