Have they every heard of webcams?

Why don't "they" just set up webcams at all thier committee meetings and crap, so that people know what's going on?

It seems like the only real barriers to transparency are poloticians.

UpSheRises

Asked by UpSheRises at 11:05 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• What gets me is that video conferencing, web-cams, etc are ALL based on Federal Government/Military design and innovation.... Yet, they don't subscribe to the practice for which they approved funds to develop...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:10 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Webcams? You mean, actually have all our meetings recorded so that *anyone* could see them? Then they could know and remember what we said. Or worse, we'd have to remember what we said and actually live by it. Good grief, what a mess that would be.

No. No webcams allowed.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 11:37 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I've been saying this for ages. They don't even need to travel to DC, they can do their business via secure teleconference. That would save millions, and they can eat pb and j at home like the rest of us.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:10 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Michele Bachman suggested that the Obamas talk to India via a Conference call, instead of travelling to India....she actually suggested that. @@
    I am sure the Webcams would have been good too....whatever.

But , don't they already film everything . all meetings,etc?DO they KEEP the recordings? Edit them? Edit them ,sort of like the YouTubes that are edited to make a point and advance an agenda?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• But that would make it transparent......... I agree with Michele Bachman. He didn't do anything while there so he could have taken care of most of it by phone.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I heard that about setting up webcam for conferences insteading of traveling. Told my husband that other day but nooooooooo they want you to travel and waste a couple of grant for travel/lodging/rental car/meals.......... etc.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 1:52 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• With the new TSA guidelines, we'll see an increase in either webcams or private planes. Any guesses which they'll try to justify first?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:53 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

•  they don't subscribe to the practice for which they approved funds to develop

Sometimes i think i live in bizzaro world.

UpSheRises

Comment by UpSheRises (original poster) at 11:44 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Michele Bachman suggested that the Obamas talk to India via a Conference call, instead of travelling to India....she actually suggested that. @@ I am sure the Webcams would have been good too....whatever.

I don't think webcams are a good tool for diplomacy...transparency...definetley.

UpSheRises

Comment by UpSheRises (original poster) at 11:54 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• LMAO May-20, my thoughts exactly (and yes I know you were being sarcastic)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:49 PM on Nov. 15, 2010