Too old for a mobile? What should I do

So my ds is 8 months, and somehow, his mobile broke, luckily it didn't just fall. The store wont return or exchange it, I hate to say, but I cant afford it right now. The pkg said 0-6 months, is it worth it to get a new one? Do babies kinda "outgrow" mobiles?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Get some of those stick up glow in the dark stars or something like that. I think the mobiles are a bad idea at that age. You should maybe look into a one of those lights and music boxes that strap to the crib bars.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• once babies can pull up and stand, the mobile becomes a hazard. put something on the ceiling for him to look at if you want him to have something like that at this age. it needs to be out of his reach though.
    Anonymous

• my bro gave me a winnie the pooh thing that nicholas can push and it does lights and music it distracts him just like a mobil would
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 3:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• my daughter pulled hers down, so that was the end of it.
    Anonymous

• there are stuffed animals that you either squeeze or pull a "tail" and they play music.. I also have a monitor that plays a light show of a galaxy..

We didnt use her mobile (she was in a bassinet) until 3 months, then we had to take it down at 6 months because she was pulling herself up in her crib..
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 4:07 PM on Nov. 3, 2008