How do you feel about...?

Late-term abortions. Hypothetical situation:

A woman is 8 1/2 months pregnant and decides last minute that she wants to abort. If you are pro-choice, do you STILL feel that this is her choice? Should this be allowed? What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• viable:
    –adjective 1. capable of living.
    2. Physiology. a. physically fitted to live.
    b. (of a fetus) having reached such a stage of development as to be capable of living, under normal conditions, outside the uterus.

Does NOT mean "able to care for itself"!

Anonymous

• 8 1/2 months is a viable baby. It would live outside the womb. place it up for adoption.

abortion should ONLY be done if it is before a baby would be viable outside the womb, if it's a viable baby such as this case then it should be given the right to live.
    Anonymous

• I hate it when people talk so much crap about abortions because I thinkit's none of their busness it's that persons choice. but if your 8 1/2 months i don't think you should be aloud to have an abortion unless you're at risk and have to have it. Just because you don't want it anymore is just stupid to try and abort it that far along just put it up for adoption,
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 3:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• No baby born at 8 1/2 months is truly "viable" in the sense it is going to be able to feed and take care of itself....that is exactly what makes this whole issue hypocritical!
    Anonymous

• Its a character debate. You think a person with respect for a human life you let this happen? A person with morals? I don't really think so. It seems to me that the option of these abortions are for the woman that do not value themselves, much less a baby.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 3:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• So, 3:39 - what is your answer to the question? And what exactly about this was hypocritical?
    Anonymous

• My daughter was born at 32 weeks which is almost 2 months early. She only had to stay in the NICU for 11 days, then she came home without any complication. A baby born at 81/2 months has a very good survival rate. In fact now that I think about it all but one of my 5 children where born before 8 1/2 months of pregnancy and they all where considered full term, with the exception of the previous mentioned.   If the woman has gone that far through her pregnancy she only has two weeks left. She should give it up for adoption. I think that late term abortion is horrible. Viable means that it would be able to survive outside the womb. Not that it would be able to take care of itself.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 3:47 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• The term "viability" is misused because no baby can take care of themselves so why don't we allow abortion up until they are capable of doing so? I don't know...abortion legal up until the age of 2?
    Anonymous

• LOL 3:48. Yeah, why not?
    Anonymous

• You know ....... I'd hate to see it and could not even imagine it but it is her choice. I'd turn her in and the Dr. in if she told me what she was doing but it is her choice. Just like it's anyones choice to kill or rob or cross the street for that matter. She would get what she deserved in the end.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:56 PM on Nov. 3, 2008