Does anyone else not like Christmas?

I will say that having my son at least got me excited for him, but my whole life, I really never enjoyed Christmas! I have never been able to enjoy the shopping, the extra money and the stress of finding the right thing for everyone! I do like to go to the church service, but find everything else pretty much annoying! My husband has already started harping on me about being in "the mood" this year,, it isn't even Thanksgiving yet, LOL!!!

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 11:25 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Holidays

• why am I picturing the Grinch song now... lol ;)

We don't do the Church side of Xmas, we just enjoy the family feel and getting excited about Santa and watching all the holiuday shows and getting into that mood. Its fun for awhile. Enjoy it while it lasts.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:27 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Its the crass commercialism I don't like. I don't look on Christmas as a religious holiday (although I don't' see anything wrong with celebrating Christ's birth ) but as a family time with Santa, the movies, the whole bit. I like shopping for my family because I love them, but shopping anytime after Thanksgiving just wears me to a frazzle! I'm ready to find the nearest I love me jacket and retire to a rubber room, seriously! I want to get back to really thinking about the person and making them something if I possibly can. That's what I'm doing a lot of this year anyway.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 12:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I can't stand it the stores have made it that way for me..besides not having all the money in the world to just go blow on materialistic junk nobody needs and usually don't want adn is returned the next day I'd rather it be about family and the christmas dinner and christmas movies If I had a choice I'd just not do it all together and save the money I'd spend these days you never know jobs are so undependable these days you could lose it tomorrow...to me that money saved would be money to fall back on...I do agree Thanksgiving is very overlooked for xmas it just sikens me to go into the stores and already hear christmas music...I love to decorate but gifts is what I don't like...
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 1:09 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• my husband...lol he doesn not like Christmas at all and I am the complete opposite so he doesnt really have a choice but to go along with it. He hates spending money, doesnt go shopping, wont pick anything out for anyone including his own family that I dont know that well, he doesnt like to decorate, and would rather go to the dentist than spend time with either of our families. He does enjoy watching the excitment of the kids so that is the only reason he doesnt gripe at me about my shopping and decorating.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 2:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• i refuse to do anything with lights. thats the kill joy for me. although this year is a kill joy cuz i'm not working and don't really have the money to get the kids the one item they really want.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 11:27 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I don't like what it's become. The hype, the retail, etc. Putting up a tree NOV1st? The excessive buying. People are broke and buying anyway because they feel pressured to. People acting like rabid dogs over a toy for their neice because it's the hot toy of the year. The hot toy of the year always ends up at the bottom of the toy box anyway. I love the holidays, but I strive to keep it simple!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:29 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I love Christmas. Yes, it is stressful when you have kids to buy for and not a lot of money, but I do love the season. I love how my house looks and feels when it's decorated. I love the excitement in my children. I love knowing that, for a few days, we'll be surrounded with family, friends, and lots of good food. It's so comforting.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 11:37 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I love decorating and the music and baking special treats. We don't go overboard with gifts and have enjoyed the simple things.... We take a walk together as a family to see the Christmas lights. It doesn't have to be a commercial type holiday. Make it wonderful just by being together and creating traditions like watching a certain movie on Christmas eve or making monkey bread for Christmas morning.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 11:57 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I don't like it at all, and I hate that it drags on for months and months. If it was just the one day, that would be fine, but by the time Xmas comes, I am so sick of it I just want it over!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:00 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I absolutely hate Christmas. I get into it for the sake of my kids and the fact that I want them to actually understand the meaning of it, but I hate it because it was my grandmother's birthday and she passed away in 1994 and it is also the anniversary of the day my uncle got killed in 2001 so those 2 things along with the fact that my birthday is the following day and my mama is not here (she passed away 10 days after christmas in 1990) just ruin it all for me.
    dirtyswifey10

Answer by dirtyswifey10 at 2:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2010