I stay at home because I want to nurture and be a constant in my childs life...?

ok this was from a different question. it was actually a answer someone put up. so working moms are not nurtureing and constant in their childs life if they work? get off your highhorse. you are not better because you stay at home!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• you rock

ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:28 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Not better, different. Get off your guilt trip- you're the one implying this, no one else.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:28 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Guilt trip? WTF?
    ballewal

• I dont think Im better because I stay at home. I feel blessed because I am able to for the time being.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I am a stay at home mom...and it is people who say things like this that give other moms who stay at home a bad name...working moms are just as active in their childs life as a stay at home mom is. But working moms tend to bash us stay at home moms as well....I would love to work but if I were to get a job because of the price of childcare it would just make us even tighter on money then we are now.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:29 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• we don't know if thats what she meant or if you just took it that way.

Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:29 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I didn't read the thread so I can't comment on the intentions of the poster, but I can tell you that is why I stayed home. We're poor as shit, but I wanted to be the one nurturing and caring for my child. If I had to work, had to, I'd do it, and I don't ever begrudge anyone that. I was also a babysitter, and you can find ones out there that will do that for your child too. No reason for any of us women to be judging each other's choices. We do this to ourselves, this bickering about who is better. It's stupid and a waste of time. We need to unite together, because we all care about our kids, and the future generations. Don't be a hater.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 11:30 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I don't think I'm better for staying home, even if that is one of my reasons. Each parent should do what works for them. What makes me feel like I'm doing my best nurturing might not be what you feel makes you do your best nurturing. What I don't understand are all of the extremists. LOL Are you being any nicer than the mom that made the comment? You couldn't respond directly to the OP in the original thread? Instead you make a whole new post to highlight the comment and to invite the SAHM bashing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I don't see anything wrong with that statement. Why do you think it implies that if you work you don't do that?
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:36 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• It doesn't sound like an insult to anyone, but her reason FOR staying home. If I said "I put my kid in daycare to encourage his social skills and independance"... Would SAHM's bash me for giving my reason? Either way, we are all good moms whether we work or stay home.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 11:36 AM on Nov. 15, 2010