Would you let TSA pat your child down?

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 11:39 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• TSA will not lay a hand on either of my children. Until this ridiculous 'pat-down'/molestation policy and the naked body scanner go away, we will not fly. And since the government is turning deaf ears to our pleas for bodily decency, I and others are turning to the airlines and making a plea to their bottom dollar. If it's that hard to get through security to fly on your airline, we simply will not fly. There is nowhere in the world that I have to go that requires I board a plane. I can drive anywhere I need to go. It will take me longer, but it will cost me less, and I will have my own car when I arrive. And I'll have the peace of mind knowing that no one has felt up me or my kids in the name of 'national security'.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 11:45 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Dogs would work better!!! why aren't they using them??

I can tell you why? the guy who made the X-ray machines is making $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

with dogs it is cheap and not is making big money!!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 1:23 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I have no reason to believe the people telling their stories are lying. They have nothing to gain. If every airport has the bomb sniffing detectors that you have to walk through, what is the point of this? How is it that the Israelis have their security and they don't violate privacy like we do?

I guess if it's their P&P then people intending to fly have to decide what's most important to them.  At least until and if this is changed.  I don't fly lately anyhow because I like to have my own car and I like to show my kids the country they were born in.  We have so many wonderful resources and our kids don't know much about them unless they go out and experience them.  Plus, I refuse to pay for my bags to fly. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:40 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• If they could get them to sit still long enough lol, but I'm not sure if I would or not. But then again I really don't see why the ywould need to do that to begin with.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 11:43 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I doubt I would. My child is somewhat standoffish around strangers. And to have one of them touching her, I think she would freak.

They can use the hand scanner. I have never been patted down so why should I let them pat my child down if they don't pat me down?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I'd rather them do that than see them naked through the scanners. But, as it stands, I have not been on a plane 2007. My then 22 month old daughter had to be pulled from the security line and searched. Her name came up as the random name.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:55 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• kerp, the pat-downs now are not the same as they were eight years ago. And, yes, they are patting down children as well as adults. This is not right-wing blogger talk; this has been on the main-stream news. Pick your favorite cable news station and do a search.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 12:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• open a child's diaper   

o.0  oh no that going a little far!

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 1:45 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I wouldn't my 12 y/o molested by a TSA agent either. I don't have a reason to fly anyways, i'll just drive.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:52 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Good thing I don't fly. I can't stand ppl touching me, I would freak then couldn't fly any ways, probably even arrested. With my sensory issues he wouldn't be able to handle someone touching him that he doesn't know.
    1Giovanni

Answer by 1Giovanni at 12:09 PM on Nov. 15, 2010