Just curious, would *you* consider this a punishment?

I'm not asking this for any particular reason, hence the reason I've put it in "Just for Fun".

The other day, my three year old son had a small box of nerds that he got for Halloween. My husband poured some of them onto a little toy plate and let him eat them. While he was eating, he tipped the plate forward a bit and a few rolled off. He saw this, thought it was funny and tipped the entire plate sideways. All of the candy fell to the floor and my husband told him "Now you have to eat those off the floor." Would you consider that a punishment? I wouldn't. If I were a three year old kid and someone told me to eat the candy I threw on the floor, I'd do it again in hopes that I would be rewarded with getting to eat the candy again.

Oh, btw, he didn't eat the candy that he dropped.

makelineerror

Asked by makelineerror at 11:41 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Of course that isn't a punishment! Ha ha ha! Definitely make the child pick it up and throw it away. That would hurt way worse.
    mrskrisher

Answer by mrskrisher at 12:01 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• No,,, just makes a new game!!!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:43 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• that's gross.And mean

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:45 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I agree with you that is abit too much. Kind of like my dh, he tells the kids you don't eat whats on the table you go hungry. I'm sorry I don't do that. When i fix something they don't like they know where the pb& j is at. Lol
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:45 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I actually thought it was hilarious. I mean, you tell the kid "Now you have to throw those away" not "Now you have to eat those".
    makelineerror

Comment by makelineerror (original poster) at 11:48 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• "Kind of like my dh, he tells the kids you don't eat whats on the table you go hungry."

I actually agree with your husband on this. If he doesn't want to eat what I serve, then he doesn't get anything, but the food is available until half an hour from bedtime.
    makelineerror

Comment by makelineerror (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I have to stop my kids from eating stuff they drop! Like you said, its more of a punishment to say "Throw it away". Three, four year olds don't have a concept of germs & dirt..which is why they eat stuff off the ground! lol I JUST told my 4 year old (as I handed her a bowl of dry cheerios she requested) "If you spill any of those on the floor please put them in the trash. Dont eat them!"
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 11:51 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Actually, the germs don't concern me as much as the fact that my son would have been rewarded for dumping his candy on the floor.
    makelineerror

Comment by makelineerror (original poster) at 11:56 AM on Nov. 15, 2010