Does your child have trouble w/this?

Does anyone have a 11-13 yo that is having trouble in Math & Science. I have heard that the 2 are related which if so it stands to reason that that's why she is having trouble in both. We have a meeting w/her Science teacher this week to see what can be done to help her. I have know clue, hope the Science teacher does. I was never too good in Math, Science so... so... but she just doesn't get it or gets it and loses it. ha! Anyone else have this problem w/their kids??

cat4458

Asked by cat4458 at 11:42 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• We generally just focus on where our children are having issues more at home. If she is having trouble in science and you know they are working on the weather maybe you could do some experiments at home or find a video online to watch together. This enforces what she has already learned and gives you the chance to find out what she is really having problems with. Good luck;.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 11:59 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• They are related. If she is having trouble, maybe think about a tutor.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:42 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• has she ever shown any signs of wanting to learn about science? she may be advanced for the class she's in. my oldest is in third grade and is advanced in science and reading. but the good thing is the teacher's trying to help.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• My daughter is ten. I see myself being in your shoes in a few years. Her older brother makes straight A's though, so he will be able to help I hope.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:50 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I had that problem when I was in school. I was ok with certian sciences but there were others that no matter how hard I tried I could not get it. I still have trouble with math although I have gotten better at the everyday stuff as I got older. And I'm glad the teacher wants to help, mine didn't care a bit that I was having trouble, the only reason I passed was because of a friends of mine's older brother.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 11:51 AM on Nov. 15, 2010