How do I stop her from prying into my privacy?

My neighbor has this nasty habit of eavesdropping in my house, she likes to know what is going on or happening in my house. I have seen her on several occasions discussing with my nanny. Maybe some days later,my friends would ask me if so so and so happened, if I asked, how they heard about it,they would all point to my noisy neighbor. SO how do i tell her to stay out of my business without sounding too nasty or harsh because I still want us to be cordial.

joysweet

Asked by joysweet at 11:44 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• I am not sure I would be cordial. Or would want to be cordial with someone who is a busy body spreading my household news. I would talk with her ask her if what I heard was true but calmly tell her to stay out of my business and let the nanny know not to let her in or talk to her about what is going on. It seems that maybe the nanny is the real busy body because how would anyone know?
    LeeLeeCandleGrl

Answer by LeeLeeCandleGrl at 11:46 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I dont like people like that, having always there nose in other peoples business. Why dont you lock you door? And tell you nanny to keep private stuff private.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 11:48 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• i would be honest with & tell her how you feel if she dont like it oh well if she keeps being noisy get a restraining order so she cant come near your house at all or just tell her to stop it if she doesnt your calling the cops
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 11:49 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Have your Nanny sign a confidentiality contract. That should eliminate that leak. Then, be aware of where you are having conversations, and if you see her standing by, SAY SOMETHING. It could as simple as turning around and acknowledging her. "Hello Mrs. Smith. Can I help you?" Most people would stutter and walk away. If she's not, or even says she wanted to hear your conversation, politely say "I'm sorry, Mrs. Smith. This conversation doesn't concern you." And move away, or talk quieter.

GOOD LUCK with this!!!
    mrskrisher

Answer by mrskrisher at 11:50 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I would ask her if she was writing a book about your family? If so, tell her to leave a chapter out, make it a mystery! Seriously though, the neighbor doesn't have a life of her own? I would tell my nanny that the next thing I hear through the grapevine about my house, she would be looking for another place to work/live! I would put a stop to it right now. And I would go to my neighbor and tell her to stay out of my life, like I was staying out of hers!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 11:51 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I'm a big fan of the direct approach. The next time you see her eavesdropping outside your house, throw the door WIDE OPEN and invite her in for coffee so she can hear better.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 11:54 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I think I would start having a talk with your nanny to start with. There are certain codes of conduct that she should be following.

Seems to me that your nanny is enabling the transfer of information.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:57 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Warning the nanny first would be the reason action to take or else she's out of a job.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 12:09 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• There is no reason to be cordial with your neighbor esp if she has been ease dropping in your home....THIS IS WHAT I WOULD DO....I would get one of my bills and put it on her door with a lil note stating that since you like to know what is going on in my house then this bill is due by the due date and I guranteed that she will stop being so nosey. Maybe I am being mean but some time ppl need to mind their own business.
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 1:04 PM on Nov. 15, 2010