Do you ever get that sad feeling?

I am feeling a little sad about relationships that are never going to amount to much! My sil (husbands sister) is all about mending broken fences but has never come to me and tried to mend our relationship. How do you recommend I get over this.

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 11:53 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• A very wise man once said that if you are the only one working on a relationship, it's time to let it go. While I believe that one has to be very careful to know when she has done all that she can do toward mending a relationship, I have found this to be sound advice. For example, if you have made numerous attempts to get this one fixed, and if it appears you are the only one interested in fixing it, I would think it's time just to let it go. Since it's family, you will still need to be polite and considerate when the occasion calls for it, but you can stop dwelling on the possibilities of making things the way you would prefer them to be.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:01 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Maybe you should reach out to her.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:57 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Go to her, and see if she wants it mended. If not, so be it. But remember, she is now family, so be cautious with your words, AND expressions, and be sure she knows you want her in your life. Also, make sure your hubby knows she is still invited to family functions, ect...

Good luck!
    mrskrisher

Answer by mrskrisher at 12:06 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Have you gone to her? If it's important to you make the first move.
    MarianneTv

Answer by MarianneTv at 11:58 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• have a coffee date, meet so you can talk. if it mends things, great but unfortunately not all fences can be mended. good luck.
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 1:34 PM on Nov. 15, 2010