TMI question about yeast infections..

Okay, I tend to get a yeast infection after EVERY period. What can I do to prevent this?

mhaney03

Asked by mhaney03 at 11:56 AM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Health

• Start taking a probiotic. I take PB8 (2 pills a day). It's the equivalent to the amount of good bacteria that you would get in 50 servings of yogurt.

I got 7-8 infections a year until I started taking this. I have not had one in 4 years.

I get it at my local wellness center (similar to a GNC). It MUST be refrigerated otherwise it loses it's potency.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I f you go to Parents.com they have the answer. To sum it up for you many people get yeast infection around the time of their period because the Ph or acidity changes and cause yeast. They say aroun the time refrain from using chemicals like detegent with scent, deodorant with scent and perfumes etc...They do say you should go to the doctors to check it out and make sure it is a yeast infection first and the doc could always give you meds if you need.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 12:20 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Also, avoid sugars and processed foods because the sugar feeds the yeast in the body....
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 4:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2010