Does anyone use one of these reading devices?

I am thinking of purchasing either "The Nook" from Barnes and Noble or the Sharper Image one called "Literati" for my mother. Does anyone own and use one of these? Can you give me the pros and cons of them? It would be appreciated!

Alamama

Asked by Alamama at 12:04 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Entertainment

• I looked on Consumer Reports and this is how they rate out of a total score of 100
    Kindle DX-67
    Kindle Wi-Fi-68
    Kindle 3G-72
    Nook 3G-56
    Nook Wi-Fi-53
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:39 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I have a Nook Color reserved at my local B&N for me to test when it comes in. From the discussion I had with the tech guy in the store, I think I will like it a lot. It's not a dedicated e-reader, it's actually more like an iPad, but about 1/3 the cost and because of the way it functions, I'll be able to get ebooks from multiple sources (even Project Gutenberg - which are FREE ebooks!) and read them, plus play any digital music, TV shows or movies I have in MP3 or MP4 formats. My Nook comes into the store on the 26th, so send me a private message and I'll give you my honest opinion after I go play with it in the store in person.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:19 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I opted to order the Kindle instead.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:34 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I don't have one but I'm seriously considering the Barnes & Noble one :-)
    mz_erica03

Answer by mz_erica03 at 5:36 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I have the 3G Nook and LOVE it! I thought about returning mine (I just got it as a gift a month ago now) and reserving the color Nook. I wasn't sure I'd like having a device like that since I do read alot and not having a book in my hand is weird! It has taken a little bit to get used to but I really love it now! I can get online on the one I have too, just have to be connected to wifi...
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 7:34 PM on Nov. 15, 2010