First Period after baby.....TMI adult content

My little girl was born Sept 2nd. around 6 weeks later i had what i thought was my first period, but it was light one day then heavy the next. And it lasted almost 2 weeks, it was dark then lighter, ect. Well i just started again, on the 12th and it is very heavy. My periods before baby were very regular, lasted bout 3-4 days, only heave maybe 2 and my heavy was nothing compared to what it is this time.

I started on the 12th and it was at first light, but now, i go through tampons every 3 hrs, if i make it that long. I have soaked like 3 pairs of panties and i fill my tampon and pads. Is this normal? And if it is, will my periods stay this big and heavy? Or will they go back to normal? This was my first child.

Mommy2Bailey910

Asked by Mommy2Bailey910 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Health

• Normal! Really, your period will not be the same as it was before. Even the cycle length can and will probably change.

You have different hormones than you did before pregnancy. With that change comes the change to your period. It may be a shorter/longer time between them, It can be heavier or lighter than it was...even how many days you bleed can change.

Keep in mind that it can take up to a year for you to get back to a regular cycle.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:18 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Mine didn't start for at least 5 months after I gave birth. They were my normal periods. Even a little lighter. But it may be different for you because it started so quickly. Your body is still adjusting. I would wait a few months and see if it gets better. If not, bring it up with your doctor.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:24 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• ok thank you. Its not bad cramps or anything, just very heavy.
    Mommy2Bailey910

Comment by Mommy2Bailey910 (original poster) at 12:39 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• In my experience your period is totall;y different than it was before the baby after both my kids its changed.
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 1:08 PM on Nov. 15, 2010