Tired of life??

Are you ever just tired of life? I am. Here lately I'm tired of having to get up during the night w/ the kids I have to my DH works nights, and I hate getting up at 5 when my oldest is ready to get up. I hate cleaning and cooking, changing diapers. Pretty much just being a mom, i'm just tired of doing it. I've been taking care of children since I was 13 when my sister had my niece my mom didn't want to take care of her and neither did my sister so I quit going to school to raise my niece, until social services made me quit taking care of her, and said i had to go back to school...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Health

• i feel like that at times
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 3:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Sounds like you need to talk to a doctor, it sounds a lot like depression. We all get tired sometimes, but it usually goes away, if it is sticking with you, try to get some help, asking for help doesn't mean you are weak, quite the opposite, good luck.
    njpmom06

Answer by njpmom06 at 3:35 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• You are burned out. Being a caregiver is tiring, regardless of whom you care for. It's the same old thing day in and day out. Do you get out yourself? Have a date once in awhile with your husband? Have friends who have children to pass the time with? These are things you need to make it through without getting depressed or giving up. It's the same for most of us and we need to have a plan to make it bearable at least, fun at most. You have to decide how you will have enough sleep, time to enjoy your family. I would need a little nap when my husband is home to keep up with those hourse. Do it for yourself and your family.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 3:38 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• i haven't had any friends in over 3 years now since i got pregnant w/ my first. the only time i get to have time to myself is on sunday nights when i get to take a bath w/out the kids in the room w/ me. we only have my sister and brother in law to watch the kids but they always say there too busy to watch them, the last time we went out was in Jan of 2006. During the summer time i use to go walking w/ the kids for an hour or 2 a day and i felt great but since it's cold out and my DD cant' be in the cold for more then 10 minutes at a time we can't go walking, and on the weekends when my DH is home i can't walk at night b/c i'm scared of the dark (anxiety)
    Anonymous

• I'd like to suggest a couple of good books. Check your library or amazon.com for "The Shack" and for "The Secret" - very different books, but both can positively alter your outlook on alot of things, and give you ways to deal with everyday frustrations. Good luck, dear!
    jjandjsmomma

Answer by jjandjsmomma at 4:13 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• You need a little me time. Take a nice bubble bath and read a book.
    momagarry

Answer by momagarry at 8:07 PM on Nov. 3, 2008