How???????

How did you get your baby to sleep in his/her crib...my 7 month old currently sleeps in her Fisher Price Sleep & Play Rocker...She is growing out of it and I want her to start sleeping in her crib now...I've tried laying her down when drowsy but she wakes right up and cries...I've tried rocking her till she falls asleep then laying her down but she wakes right up...ugh help!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mines still smaller but i would say its just gonna take some sleepless nights. lol You could start by just giving naps (if ur at home) in her crib. Let her get use to it, then slowly moving her to it at night. Its just gonna take time.
    Mommy2Bailey910

Answer by Mommy2Bailey910 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• do you use the sheets and bankets and whatever toys she sleeps with in with her? i had that toy with the fish in it hooked onto the girls' cribs. how about a mobile? those are the only things i can think of.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• We put him in there at birth

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• You are probably going to have to keep doing the laying down when drowsy and rocking her. But when she wakes up let her cry you are her mother so you know her cries if she is not in agony and just crying let her do it. Stand outside her room and i bet after a few 10-20 mminutes or so she will be out like a light. It is unfamiliar to her so she is going to cry and at 7 months she knows if she crys she gets what she want LOL babies are so smart and start at a young age working their parents. As long as she is ok its ok to let her cry.
    lovinmybaby87

Answer by lovinmybaby87 at 12:18 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I didn't move my daughter to a crib until she was 10 months old, and only then because her father made me. When we did, sleep training was a necessity. It helped that I was working nights and unable to hear her cry. However, after less than a week of letting her "Cry it out" he could put her in her bed, and in less than 5 minutes she would be asleep. She's 3 now.
    mrskrisher

Answer by mrskrisher at 12:19 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Lay her down in they crib on her stomach. Pat her back tell she falls asleep. Slowly stop pating her tell you stop. Them tip toe out of the room. It has worked for me.

Answer by louise2 at 12:19 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Try putting the Sleep & Play Rocker...in the crib. Or just put her in the crib and let her cry herself to sleep. Or put the crib next to your bed and pat her to sleep everytime she wakes up. Trust me, It is hard to change where a child sleeps. Next child just start out with the crib.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 12:20 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Sometimes you just have to let them cry a bit...before anyone blasts me, I mean...stand by the crib & pat her back. Talk to her. Tell her its ok & its time for sleep. And walk away for a few minutes. If she's still crying come back, pat her back again. Say "shhh shhh shhh". That kidn of thing. Be very calm but firm. If you pick her up every time she cries in the crib she will never get to sleep. Just keep repeating the process of walking away, let her cry for a very short time, then come back. She will eventually give up & go to sleep. She has to see 2 things..one, that you wont pick her up out of there just because she cries & 2, that you are not leaving her; that you are there & that she needs to go to sleep.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the other two moms about letting her cry some. She has to adjust to something new. It won't take long if you stick with it. Good luck
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:22 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Lay her down in they crib on her stomach. Pat her back tell she falls asleep. Slowly stop pating her tell you stop. Them tip toe out of the room. It has worked for me

NEVER lay a baby down to sleep on her stomach.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:26 PM on Nov. 15, 2010