Have you ever taken a home pregnancy test a couple weeks early and got a negative response when you turned out to be pregnant?

Have any of you mommys ever taken a pregnancy test a couple weeks BEFORE your period and got a negative reading when later you found out you ARE pregnant. I know your supposed to wait to take the test until your period, (I have 2 children) but i have a couple signs that hvae only occured when i was pregnant. I'm on a low does birth control and am not trying to be pregnant, but anyways...i just wanted to know if that happens. Because both times I took a test in my past pregnancy's it has showed positive right away! Thanks for your inputs!

Ritz4

Asked by Ritz4 at 3:32 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• well, "a couple weeks early" according to most women's cycles and the box's directions would mean taking it before conception... on average conception is 2 weeks before your period is due, at least that's how docs decide what your conception date is.
    Anonymous

• I thought I might be pregnant in april because my periods had been acting funny so I started taking tests every week. All of them were negative. It turns out in april I was FOUR months pregnant.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:43 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I missed my period. took a test. negative. paid for one at planned parenthood. negative. finally after 3 wks of no period I went to the dr. & they did one. Yes, indeed I was pregnant. He's 14 now.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 3:43 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• It is possible to get pregnant at any time after your period, depends on when you ovulate and how fertile you are. But id wait till the missed period hun.
    Anonymous

• yes that happened to me....
    kaleigh111

Answer by kaleigh111 at 3:49 PM on Nov. 3, 2008