How do you get your child in the car seat without whining, twisting, wiggling?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 12:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Chips. I give her a chip. She cant have a chip unless she sits in her seat like a big girl. The and only then does she get a chip. I keep a Can of Pringles in my car. Other people may bash this but my child is safe and sound in her seat everytime without a fight because of it. I know she is buckled in correctly since there is no fight.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 3:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Mine never did that. They always wanted to go out.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:27 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• My daughter climbs in all by herself.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 12:47 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• my son does this all the time we keep toys in the truck for him so i tell him if he can sit still and let me buckle him in he gets a toy
    gklmommy

Answer by gklmommy at 4:02 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Sometimes, you just have to deal with the struggle, and once they see that the fighting isn't going to help them, they might stop. If rear facing, maybe adjust the recline. Toddlers don't have to be at that same recline as infants, I believe they can be upright to about 30 degrees. If forward facing, I don't have any tips off the top of my head, but will let you know if I come up with anything.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:10 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• We have a Disney Princess CD that she LOVES, only in the car. So when we get in, I tell her that she can listen to it, if she sits in her seat. It works everytime!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 7:28 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• If they are old enough I would have them climb in themselves. If not then I woudl try and distract them by talking about something thye like.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:55 PM on Nov. 15, 2010