Would you participate in a nationwide movement to stop obesity if you were not obese your self?

frmInsideout

Asked by frmInsideout at 12:26 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes, in a heart beat!

Answer by older at 12:27 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Sure would, anyway I could help someone. Just because you arent going through it yourself dont mean you shouldnt help or show support!
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 12:27 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Sure
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:28 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• yep...i want Obama to be re elected so getting Americans healthy is they want to go~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:29 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• of course
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:30 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I guess so..but you know if I were obese & some skinny ppl were telling me to be healthy & stuff I'd probably be less likely to listen then if it were a bunch of other obese ppl telling me the same thing..because they would be working towards the same goal. I always wonder how a gym or weight loss place actually gets customers when they only have skinny ppl in their ads?
    Anonymous

• Of course a lot of people do this even if they don't have the "disease" . Like the march of dimes, or the walk for a cure for breast cancer.
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 12:32 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Sure!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:32 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• It depends on what I'm participating in. Because I'm a "skinny" person, it may be harder for an over weight person to accept my help simply b/c I've never "been there". However, growing up, I was teased mercilessly b/c of how skinny I was, no matter how much i ate. However, if I said something, it was ignored b/c it's "ok" to be skinny. So for me, hands on stuff, probably not, donations to foundations, sure.

Anonymous

• Sure... I work with a number of causes (though not this one particularly) that don't directly affect me. That doesn't lessen the impact made by the cause or those who work with/for it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:50 PM on Nov. 15, 2010